UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
Mike’s Music continues to monitor the evolving situation concerning coronavirus (COVID-19), and we will update this website regularly to share information about our preparations and responses.
LESSON AND CLASS UPDATES
As of Monday, December 28th
Mike’s Music will continue conducting ONLINE LESSONS until it is safe to do lessons face-to-face again.
INDIVIDUAL LESSONS: BEGINNING Tuesday, MARCH 17th
Starting Tuesday, March 17th, all individual music instruction (private lessons) for Mike’s Music will move ONLINE.
Here are some important things to note:
- Our Teachers will be using the Zoom platform for online lessons. You won’t need an account – just click on the link sent by your teacher from a laptop, tablet or smartphone at your scheduled lesson time. If you are connecting by smartphone or tablet, we recommend downloading the free app beforehand for the best experience.
- Your teacher will send you the meeting invite at the time of your lesson.
- Please know that all instruction for Mike’s Music, individual or group, must happen online at this time. No instruction may happen in person, either at Mike’s Music or at an alternate location (such as the teacher/student home). This is critically important for the safety of everyone in our community.
- Here are some tips for the best online lesson experience:
- You will receive a Zoom invite from your teacher via email or calendar invite.
- Please adjust the camera so that the student’s whole body/instrument can be seen.
- Please have all music, pencil and your metronome ready.
- Please prepare the room to be as quiet and interruption-free as possible.
- Be prepared for the first Zoom lesson to have a few bumps with technology – don’t get discouraged, this will get easier!
- Be mindful of lighting, mics and speakers so that it’s easy to see and hear each other.
- Still have questions, or need help with Zoom? Feel free to give us a call at 410-465-0700.
Mike’s Music teachers are looking forward to seeing you and your children via Zoom; please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need assistance. We hope that music study and daily practice can provide reassurance and a sense of routine to an otherwise uncertain time.
GROUP CLASSES AND ENSEMBLES
Unfortunately, no group classes or ensembles will meet for the time being.
Stay safe and mask up!
Mike & Haley